TUSA Sealed First Stage Yoke Style Cold Water Regulator
- Sealed, balanced first stage anti-freeze system
- Balanced second stage for superior breathing performance
- Nitrox compatible to 40% (the recreational limits of Nitrox)
- High flow, low pressure ports offer up to 15% increase in air flow
- Orthodontic mouthpiece to alleviate jaw fatigue for increased comfort
The TUSA Sealed First Stage Yoke Style Cold Water Regulator is TUSA’s flagship regulator for numerous reasons.
Its first stage, the R-700, is a balanced diaphragm design with a dry ambient pressure chamber for cold water diving, ideal for temperatures below 50 degrees Fahrenheit (10 degrees Celsius). Its ribbed top cap nearly doubles the surface area for thermal exchange – which is all important for minimizing freeze-ups in ultra-cold conditions. The first stage offers two high pressure ports and four low pressure ports, including two high flow (HF) that deliver up to a 15% increase in air flow.
The S-90 second stage is a compact pneumatically balanced system that features a composite housing which insulates and protects under extreme cold-water conditions. It comes with a Venturi adjustment level that allows you to set it to “minimum” when on the surface to eliminate free-flows, and “maximum” when at depth to increase air flow.
All in all, it’s a top quality, reliable reg with premium features that’s perfectly suited to cold water conditions.