IST Octopus / Second Stage Silicone Safety Necklace
- Silicone octopus necklace rests your second stage backup high on the chest for easy access in an air sharing emergency: know exactly where your octo is in low visibility or silt out conditions
- Essential safety equipment for low light and night dives, cave and wreck diving
- Prevents your octo from bumping against underwater structures and damaging the octo or aquatic life
- Sturdy, stretchy silicone construction
- Available in circumference sizes S (60 cm / 23.5”), M (72 cm / 28”), L (80 cm / 31.5”)
The IST Octopus / Second Stage Silicone Safety Necklace is one of those pieces of safety equipment that got its start in the tech diving world, but is now being adopted by safety-minded recreational divers as well.
An octopus necklace holds your backup second stage / octopus so it rests high on the front of your chest rather than dangling off to the side. This ensures that in an emergency situation when you need to share air with a dive buddy your octo is always close at hand, ready to fill in for you while your primary regulator is in use by your buddy.
This is especially important in cave diving, wreck diving, night diving and tech diving scenarios when visibility is low due to darkness, or a sudden silt out makes it impossible to see at all. Panic in such situations is common, and can cost a diver his life. Knowing exactly where the octo is at all times helps ensure the diver and his buddy both remain calm in an out of air emergency regardless of visibility conditions. An octopus necklace may seem like an optional piece of safety equipment, but it can save lives.
As an added bonus, when reef, cave or wreck diving, using the ON-1 prevents your octo from bumping against underwater structures and damaging the octo or aquatic life.
Pull the necklace over your head with the small mouthpiece loop in the front. Stretch the mouthpiece loop over your octopus mouthpiece so the mouthpiece is facing you, and you’re good to go.
Silicone construction for stretch and durability.
Sizes (circumference): S (60 cm / 23.5”), M (72 cm / 28”), L (80 cm / 31.5”)