IST 54” Reusable Safety Sausage, Diver Surface Signal Buoy
- Reusable, sturdy, dual layer safety sausage, diver surface signal buoy
- 420D nylon exterior with water resistant PU coating, inner bladder
- Easily inflates underwater using your octopus, pressure release valve prevents bursting
- Counterweights help keep the tube upright at the surface
- Balloon length: 137cm (54”)
Don’t underestimate the value or importance of the diver’s humble safety sausage. A surface signal buoy can save the life of a diver in trouble, and make it faster and easier for the dive boat to find a diver who’s become separated from his dive buddy or group.
The IST SB-5 54” Reusable Safety Sausage, Diver Surface Signal Buoy is constructed with a unique two-layer design: the outer layer is made of tough 420D nylon with a water-resistant polyurethane (PU) coating, which protects the inner bladder. Taped edge prevents the outer layer from fraying. Integrated pressure release valve prevents SB-5 from bursting.
SB-5 can be inflated underwater: simply use an octopus to release air into the balloon’s opening, and the air cell’s special enclosure will automatically trap all incoming gas. The SB-5 has counterweights to help keep it upright at the surface. Length when inflated is 137cm (54”). Combined with the high-visibility orange color of the buoy, this makes the signal highly visible in clear conditions.
The included sturdy storage pouch has a mesh bottom for quick drainage, and can be carried on any 2” webbing or clipped onto a D-ring.