IST Folding Backup BCD Dive Knife with Carabiner Clip
- Pocket army knife style dive knife with blade and carabiner clip
- Blade is constructed of hard, 420 grade stainless steel
- Includes smooth edge, serrated edge, cutting notch
- Pushbutton mechanism locks the active implement open, inactive implement closed
- Carabiner clip to hang from any D-ring on your BCD
The IST K38 Folding Backup BCD Dive Knife with Carabiner Clip is ideal to keep in a BC pocket as a spare.
K38’s folding design mimics that of a pocket army knife with two implements: a dive knife and a carabiner clip. Simple pushbutton mechanism locks the active implement into the open position while keeping the inactive implement safely sheathed.
The blade is constructed of 420 grade stainless steel: a high-carbon steel with a minimum chromium content of 12% to ensure a hard blade that can stand up to repeated sharpening. Single sharp edge includes a smooth section near the tip, a serrated center section and a notch near the handle for line cutting.
Use K38’s carabiner clip to hang from any D-ring on your BCD.
Don’t get caught on the dive without a knife: always carry a spare!
Rinse with fresh water and rub to remove any salt or mineral deposits after each dive. Prevent rust by applying a silicon-containing wax over the blade, or keep the blade oiled at all times---be sure to avoid any petroleum-based lubricants, which can damage your other dive equipment.
Dimensions: 2.8” (7cm) blade, 7” (17.8cm) total length